Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's a boy ! Alexander Christopher born 2.29.00

I thought it would be nice to start a journal for each of my children. This one is for our little boy Alexander. Alexander Christopher was born February 29, 2000 (leap day). I found out on August 23, 1999 That I was pregnant. I was shocked but very excited.My due date was April 4, 2000 The pregnancy started out rocky with an UTI at our first appointment with Dr. French and hung around for our 2nd appointment on October 7, 1999 when we heard his heart beat for the first time I thought it was the most wonderful thing. In October Darin and I were married and went on a honeymoon the Disney world. I started to show on our trip which was fine by me I loved my growing belly and got down the isle with out it. In November I started to feel him move around inside me I went for my first ultrasound. We couldn't find out for sure if he was a boy, but the doctor thought she might have seen a penis. The UTI hung around and landed me in the hospital at 21 weeks. December 23, 1999 we found out officially that Alex was a boy !!!! We had a few names we were thinking of. Kaitlyn Stephanie was out ! our boys were Ryan, Bradly, Dustin, & Alexander. Alexander it was ! The rest of my pregnancy was rough with UTI after UTI and then preterm Labor starting in February. I was in and out of the hospital the whole month. On the 22nd of February I was allowed to go home on bed rest. I was sent to live with my grandmother for the rest of my pregnancy due to the stairs at home. on February 24th 2000 I saw the doctor things were going well. then on February 29, 2000 Early this morning around 2am I started having contractions again. I didn't want to go back to the hospital, but around 3am Darin & I went back to L&D. Grandma & Mom met us there. They monitored my contractions & Alexander's heart rate. they put me on a IV. Around 4:30am Darin & Mom went home. Grandma stayed with. They sent me home around 9am. Grandma & I stopped to get something to eat . they we went home and ate it. Grandma went to work. I went and laid down in the bed with Darin. Around 12:30 am I woke up and went to the bathroom after I use the bathroom I went to lay back down in the bed, but I felted like I use the bathroom all over myself. I went to take a shower and I keep feeling like I was peeing the whole time I was showering. Around 1pm I called the Doctor's office. Everyone was at lunch. They said they would be back at 1:30pm and they would have someone call me back. I called back at 1:32pm (my contractions had started again) they still weren't back but they told me to go L&D. Darin & I went to L&;D I had a towel in between my legs cause I keep peeing on myself. They examined me I was 2 cm and my water had broken. It was time the baby was FINALLY coming. They put me on a IV & gave me some medicine to relax me and help with the pain of the contractions. I called my Mom, Dad & Grandma. Darin called his Dad & Grandma. Two hour later they examined me again. I was 4 cm. they asked me if I wanted to move to a bigger nicer room. I said I did,They my mom got there. They it examined me again it was a hour since the last time and I was 5cm. They gave me my epidural (wonder drug) as much screaming I did during the contractions you would have though I would have screamed when they put the needle in my back, but I didn't even make one sound or say one word. I was so tried & limp Darin had to hold my head & body up or I would just fall over. My Grandma said I did better when than my mom when she had me. They had to put a catheter in my but I didn't mind too much. Darin & My mom left to go get something to eat. While They were gone Alexander's heart rate dropped down into the 60's They put something on his head & put a oxygen mask on me. They prepared me for a possible C-Section in case the heart rate didn't come back up. I was so scared. I tried to calling Darin on the cell phone for 15 minutes. By the time I talked to Darin Everything was ok ,but I told him not to leave me again and get back as fast as he could. Darin & My mom got back. Darin's Dad & Aunt Debbie visited. My Granny called. My & I played UNO I won. everybody was watching us play it was kinda funny. My friend Sherisse came by took a few pictures of me. They examined me again which was 2 hours from the last time I was 10 cm. Time to push Alexander out ! They sent everyone except Darin & Mom out the room. After 30 minutes of pushing at 8:19 pm Alexander Christopher was born on February 29, 2000 (leap Day) weigh 6 pounds 15 ounces and 19 inches long. (Not bad for 5 weeks early) Darin cut the cord and they let me hold my beautiful baby boy for a few minutes before they took him and checked him out. They stitched me up. I called my friend Erin. My friend Terrilyn came by. They moved me into my room 474. Everyone except Darin went home. They bough Alexander to me around 1am I nursed him. I was still pretty drugged up and Darin was really tried so we sent him back to the nursery. They brought him back around 4am for me to feed him. we keep him in the room with us. The next day. Norman, Mom, Cathy, Rebecca, Brandi, & Erin visited. Grandma sent balloons & flowers. Aunt Angie sent a balloon & Flowers. My mom brought flowers. The nurses from Dr. French's office came to visit me & Alexander. Darin went to sears and bought a car seat and stroller set-up $170.00. Dad, Granny & Grandpa came to visit. Granny & Grandpa gave Alexander a sliver rattle. Erin stayed all day & night with us. The next day I went home to my house and she brought the balloons & flowers home for us. she watch Alexander for us while we went to the store to get somethings for Alexander. He came 5 weeks before we thought he would be here and we didn't have much my baby shower wasn't until next week. Now Darin & I have have a beautiful son to love. I am so happy to have these two guys in my life.





























No comments: